Call for Participants for EAVE Marketing Masterclasses | Quezon City 2024
Deadline of submission: February 9, 2024
The Quezon City Film Commission (QCFC) is a local government agency tasked to support the growth of the local film industry, promote the City as a destination for film production, and contribute to the cultural and economic development of Quezon City.
The QC Screen Academy is the flagship program of QCFC that reflects the commission’s thrust to provide training and education programs for aspiring filmmakers and industry professionals to develop local talent, discover creative storytellers, and upskill the local workforce to be more globally competitive.
EAVE (European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs) is a professional training, project development, and networking organization for audiovisual producers based in Luxembourg. Founded in 1988, EAVE provides professional training opportunities and brings producers from different regions of the world together with the aim of facilitating co-production relationships.
QCFC and EAVE have joined forces for the inaugural launch of EAVE Marketing Masterclasses in the Philippines’ entertainment capital, Quezon City. With a shared vision, they aim to bolster the region’s burgeoning industry and its active participation in the global market and space.
EAVE MARKETING MASTERCLASSES | QUEZON CITY 2024
The EAVE Marketing Masterclasses | Quezon City 2024 is a tailor-made masterclass that is structured based on the needs and situation of film production in the country of the partner film agency. The masterclasses will cater to Asian film industry professionals who are looking to enhance their skills in international co-production, film marketing, and international sales. This 2-day masterclass is one of our pioneering projects as part of QCFC’s commitment to develop local talent and upskill the local creative industry workforce. Through this program, we are providing film industry workers the venue to convene and stimulate potential partnerships and exchanges in the country.
ELIGIBILITY/ PARTICIPANT PROFILE
- The masterclasses are open to Filipino and Asian producers, as well as professionals working in film sales, distribution, and marketing.
- Applicants must have been an active producer for at least a year.
- EAVE also welcomes applications from related areas of the industry (e.g., regional and national funding institutions, film festivals and markets, etc.) and from relevant trainers and consultants who want to innovate in their marketing techniques.
- Applicants must also be willing to arrange their own transportation and accommodation.
Applicants must fill out the EAVE Marketing Masterclasses | Quezon City 2024 online application form in English and submit it here along with the following required documents:
- 1 page Letter of Motivation (your main reasons for applying now; what you wish to achieve, etc.).
- 1-2 page Curriculum Vitae
- A Production Company Document outlining the following details:
- Brief Description of your production company or your professional activities.
- A List of your company’s productions: in development, pre-production, production and a selection of those released.
- If you are an employee of a larger company: please explain your role and responsibility within the company and list the projects in which you had a leading role (and mention which).
- 1 Photograph/Portrait (.jpg)
The masterclasses will be for FREE and inclusive of the following:
- Two full days of Masterclasses from EAVE Experts
- Meals (AM snack, Lunch, PM snack, Dinner)
- Masterclass Kits
- Networking Night
OBLIGATIONS OF SELECTED PARTICIPANTS
- Participants must submit all documentary requirements.
- Participants must attend both days of the program from March 16-17, 2024.
- Participants must attend all events organized by EAVE and QCFC.
- Participants must answer the post-masterclass survey.
- Participants must shoulder all related flight travel requirements and accommodations coming to the Philippines.
BENEFITS OF THE SELECTED PARTICIPANTS
- Selected participants will have a full overview of the actual marketing trades in terms of targeting and positioning from international sales strategies to national releases and creating awareness throughout the release process, including festivals. Participants and experts alike will bring their own perspectives and encourage knowledge-sharing throughout the masterclasses.
- Top-level EAVE experts and EAVE methodology.
- Masterclass curriculum adopted to the target audience and participant needs.
- Tailor-made training for professionals (e.g., writers, producers, directors, sales agents, distributors).
For any questions or concerns, please email [email protected].