Call for Applications - QCinema Project Market
Deadline of submission: September 15, 2023
The QCINEMA PROJECT MARKET (QPM) is the official industry initiative of the QCinema International Film Festival that provides a valuable platform for filmmakers and producers to connect, secure funding, expand their networks, gain exposure, develop their skills, and contribute to the growth of the international film industry. It aims to enrich the festival experience, support the creation of innovative and globally relevant films, and contribute to the growth and development of the regional film industry.
QPM will feature a curated selection of 15 projects in advanced development, particularly Filipino and Southeast Asian feature film projects seeking international partners.
Filmmakers and producers can pitch their projects to international investors, production companies, distributors, sales agents, and other industry professionals.
It will host one-on-one meetings, project presentations, and networking events to facilitate connections and collaborations.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SELECTED PROJECTS
- Exposure to international investors, production companies, distributors, and sales agents.
- Opportunities to secure funding, investments, co-production agreements, and distribution deals.
- Access to workshops, seminars, and mentoring programs to enhance skills and project development.
- Inclusion in the festival’s promotional materials, website, and industry publications, increasing visibility and market reach.
- Projects should be in an advanced stage of development and ready for production
- Preference is given to projects that highlight unique aspects of Southeast Asian culture and history
- Must demonstrate potential for international appeal
Announcement of Submissions: August 7, 2023
Deadline of Submissions: September 15, 2023
Announcement of Selected Projects: October 15, 2023
QCinema Project Market: November 18-20, 2023
- The project must be a Southeast Asian feature-length fiction film project (advanced stage of development).
- The project must already have at least a first draft of the full script.
- Only projects completed before the QCINEMA PROJECT MARKET 2023 will be eligible.
- The project must not be fully financed yet.
- The project must have an attached director and producer.
- The project’s director must have directed at least one short or feature film.
- The project’s producer must have produced at least one feature film before (released in theaters or other distribution platforms).
- The project must have fully complied with all Project Market documentary requirements.
- Logline (maximum of 3 sentences)
- Synopsis (up to 400 words)
- Director’s Statement (up to 300 words)
- Producer’s Statement (up to 400 words)
- Production Schedule
- Director’s Profile
- Producer and Production Company´s Profiles
- Treatment (5 – 8 pages; it should be a summary of the script)
- Financial Plan
- Production Cost / Budget Breakdown
- Sample reel (if available)
BENEFITS OF THE SELECTED PROJECTS
- Representatives (a director & a producer) of the project will be officially invited to QCINEMA PROJECT MARKET. Hotel accommodation will be provided.
- Selected projects will be provided one-on-one meetings with film industry professionals and decision-makers.
- Selected projects will automatically be nominated for QCINEMA PROJECT MARKET awards.
OBLIGATIONS OF SELECTED PROJECTS
At least one representative of selected projects MUST attend the QCINEMA PROJECT MARKET 2023. Project representatives are obliged to attend business meetings arranged by QPM. Once a project wins any of the QPM awards, the project will be required to include the logos of QCINEMA and QCINEMA PROJECT MARKET in the opening credits.
Projects which will be awarded with the Co-Production grants must have its Philippine premiere at the QCinema International Film Festival.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- QPM PHILIPPINES: PH₱ 3 Million Coproduction grant for Three (3) Projects
- QPM Best Project SEA: US$ 35,000 Coproduction grant for Three (3) Projects
- Special Awards (TBA)
For any questions or concerns, please email [email protected].